Save on your Michigan car insurance premium
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for a smart way to save on your Michigan car insurance. There are several ways you may be able to cut your car insurance costs. Higher deductibles can lower your premium as will selecting only the coverage you feel you need. Many car insurance companies offer different discounts. When shopping for Michigan car insurance, be sure to ask your agent about these discounts.
Michigan car insurance discounts
- New business discount: Discount as a for being a new policyholder to the company. These discounts may only stay on for the first 6 months.
- Accident-free: Policyholders who have been accident-free may be eligible for reduced premiums.
- Car Insurance Discounts for other policies: Premiums may be reduced if you insure your home, life or health with the same company that covers your car.
- Multiple cars: Premiums may be reduced if there are two or more private passenger cars in the household insured by the same company.
- Airbag/passive restraint: Cars that are 1993 or older that have air bags or automatic seat belts qualify for this discount. Certain makes and models may receive the Safety Discount because of the safety features built into the car. The Vehicle Safety Discount is for autos 1994 or newer. Certain makes and models may have a decrease in their premiums because of lower medical payments associated with those specific makes/models.
- Antitheft devices: Some insurance companies offer discounts on comprehensive coverage premiums if the vehicle has an alarm.
- Good student: Full-time students maintaining at least a “B” average may qualify for reduced premiums with many companies.
Finally, these are the most common discounts that are available from Michigan car insurance companies, but there are other ways to save on your Michigan Insurance. For more details visit a Michigan auto insurance agent online or call 248-888-1134. For more additional savings information on Lowering your Michigan homeowners insurance visit our site.