Save on your Michigan auto insurance premium
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for a smart way to save money. Sometimes, saving money can come in the most unlikely place – such as your auto insurance policy.
There are several ways you may be able to cut your auto insurance costs. Higher deductibles can lower your premium as will selecting only the coverage you feel you need. Many insurance companies offer different discounts. When shopping for auto insurance, be sure to ask about these discounts and whether your insurer offers them.
Michigan auto insurance discounts
- New business discount: Discount available as a new policyholder if you have been accident-free for a specific period.
- Accident-free: Policyholders who have been accident-free while having insurance with the same insurance company for several years may be eligible for lower rates.
- Discounts for other insurance lines: Bundling your home, life, or health with the same company that covers your car can result in a lower rate.
- Multiple cars: Reduce premiums by insuring two or more cars in the household.
- Airbags: Cars that are 1993 or older and have airbags or automatic seat belts may receive this discount.
- The Vehicle Safety Discount is for autos 2000 or newer. Specific makes and models may have a decrease in their premiums because of lower claim payments associated with those cars.
- Antitheft devices: Some insurance companies offer discounts on comprehensive coverage premiums when alarms are installed or built into the vehicle.
- Defensive driving course: Completing a driver improvement course can result in lower premiums.
- Good student: Full-time students (high school or higher level) maintaining at least a “B” average may qualify for reduced premiums with many companies.
Contact local Michigan auto insurance agent
Finally, these are just a few of the standard discounts offered by Michigan insurance companies. Make sure you are getting the best Michigan car insurance discounts by filling out your information to get a Michigan auto insurance quote.