How to save on your Michigan car insurance premium
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for a smart way find additional Michigan car insurance discounts. There are several ways you may be able to cut your car insurance costs. Higher deductibles can lower your premium as will selecting only the coverage you feel you need. Many car insurance companies offer different discounts. When shopping for Michigan auto insurance, be sure to ask your agent about these discounts.
Eight Most Popular Michigan car insurance discounts
- New business discount: Discount as a for being a new policyholder to the company. These discounts may only stay on for the first six months.
- Accident-free: Accident-free Policyholders may be eligible for reduced premiums.
- Multiple Policy Discounts: You can reduce your premiums if you insure your home, life, or health with the same company that covers your car.
- Multiple cars: Having two or more private passenger cars in the household insured by the same company can result in an additional discount.
- Airbag/passive restraint: Cars that are 1993 or older that have airbags or automatic seat belts qualify for this discount. Specific makes and models may receive the Safety Discount because of the safety features built into the car. The Vehicle Safety Discount is for autos 1994 or newer.
- Antitheft devices: Some insurance companies offer car insurance discounts on comprehensive coverage premiums if the vehicle has an alarm.
- Young Driver discounts: Full-time students maintaining at least a “B” average may qualify for reduced premiums with many companies.
- Senior Citizen discount: Companies may have car insurance discounts for seniors or experienced drivers.
Finally, these are the most common discounts that are available from Michigan car insurance companies, but there are other ways to save on your Michigan Insurance. For more details, get a Michigan auto insurance quote online or call 248-277-4505. For more additional savings information on Lowering your Michigan homeowner’s insurance, visit our site.