Michigan Secretary of State Express Service
Secretary of State now offers several services that you can complete online. Michigan residents will now be able to complete many transactions online that previously required visiting a branch office, including:
* Renew or replace standard state driver’s licenses and ID cards. For most transactions and online service, you will need to create an online profile, and you will need to provide:
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license number
- Your date of birth and eye color
* Change their address when they move
* Order multiple copies of vehicle registrations and titles
Secretary of State will accept the following payment forms: Visa, MasterCard, or Discover debit or credit cards.
Michigan Secretary of State Driver’s License and State ID
- Renew Driver’s License
- Info on Michigan Enhanced License
- Replace Driver’s License
- Apply for State ID Card
Michigan SOS vehicle changes
Miscellaneous SOS Services
- Update Address/Profile Details
- Michigan Notary Public Search
- Organ Donor Registry
- Voter Information Center
Visit Michigan Secretary of State Express service:
For the local SOS office location, click the link for the Secretary of State Branch Locator. They can now schedule appointments online or through a smartphone at the following link: Michigan SOS online appointment.
To encourage broader use and reduce demand in the SOS offices, they are starting a new awareness campaign with billboards, radio spots and, online advertisements and are billing it as the “ExpressSOS: The online, no-wait Michigan Secretary of State.”
For questions regarding how to get a Michigan driver’s license, visit our post to find out the cost and the process you need to apply for your license with the Michigan SOS office.
Get an Insurance Quote to provide insurance for a vehicle or boat renewal.