Secretary of State offers a number of services that can be completed online. Michigan residents will now be able to complete many transactions online that previously required visiting a branch office, including:
* Renew or replace standard state driver’s licenses and ID cards. For most transactions and online service, you will need to create an online profile and you will need to provide:
- The last four digits of your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license number
- Your date of birth and eye color
* Change their address when they move
* Order multiple copies of vehicle registrations and titles
Secretary of State will accept the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard or Discover debit or credit cards.
Michigan Secretary of State Driver’s License and State ID
Michigan SOS vehicle changes
Miscellaneous SOS Services
- Update Address/Profile Details
- Michigan Notary Public Search
- Organ Donor Registry
- Voter Information Center
Visit Michigan Secretary of State Express service:
ExpressSOS.com website for all online SOS services.
To encourage broader use and reduce demand in the SOS offices, they are starting a new awareness campaign with billboards, radio spots and, online advertisements and is billing it as the “ExpressSOS: The online, no-wait Secretary of State.”
For questions regarding Michigan drivers license visit our post on Michigan Drivers license for all frequently asked questions and to be directed to the Michigan SOS website.
Get an Insurance Quote to provide insurance for a vehicle or boat renewal.